Safety Seminars Include the following:
- Rigging fabricator overview for raw product inventory including fitting and blocks.
- Three types of slings and their variations: wire rope / synthetic / chain.
- Safe rigging practices: hitches & angles / working loads / precautions.
- Wire rope applications and inspection procedures for running ropes.
- Fitting inspection including identifications and application.
- Wire Rope Sling inspection procedures.
- Synthetic sling inspection procedures.
- Chain sling inspections procedures.
- Question and answer period.
Rigging and slinging work must be done by or under the direct supervision of qualified workers familiar with the rigging to be used and with hand signals for controlling hoisting operations.
If hand signals are used between a signaller and the operator of a crane or hoist to control hoisting operations, the signals shown in Figure 15-1 must be used.
Sometimes people only think of moving people and material as a job, instead of thinking about how a job can be full of frustrations, expectations, demands and challenges. What we at KWRS often think about is the difference we (all of us) make, and the difference our company makes in the markets we serve, including fall protection equipment, rigging equipment, and chain hoists. It’s important to let the people you work with know they do make a difference. That’s why we’re available at anytime to introduce and train your personnel regarding “Rigging Safety”.
We build and market rigging equipment and hoists that move military equipment, build highways, find energy, secure people and cargo. We also provide ideas to do it better and safer. We do these things with Safety in the forefront and don’t compromise that position. Our expertise at Kennedy Wire Rope does make a difference in the field of rigging and will continue to make a difference throughout our market. Our knowledge and skills are very powerful, so please make use of them. Call our offices or view the entire Safety Section in this web site for further information.